Find Out More (305) 249-7734

Who Qualifies for a Work Permit (Employment Authorization)?

An Employment Authorization Document commonly referred to as a Work Permit to you by Immigration as proof that you can work legally in the United States for a specific time period.

The U.S. Immigration Laws allow over 35 different categories of Non-Citizens to obtain Work Permits.

While some of these categories are quite rare, many people walking around today without Work Permits are actually entitled to one. The most common categories that we see are...

Pending adjustment of status 

Withholding of deportation or removal granted


Asylum application pending


Order of supervision

Pending TPS applicants 

Paroled refugee

Fiancé(e) (K-1 or K-2 nonimmigrant)

Deferred Enforced Departure

Temporary Protected Status granted

Suspension of deportation applicants (filed before April 1, 1997) Cancellation of Removal applicants Cancellation applicants under NACARA

Public Interest parolee

Deferred action
Spouse of an H-1B nonimmigrant

VAWA self-petitioners with an approved Form I-360

Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals

What do you need help with?

I want to get legal status!
I need help stopping deportation!
I have another type of legal problem!

Main Office
786-472-5788 (fax)
Mon: 09:00am - 05:00pm
Tue: 09:00am - 05:00pm
Wed: 09:00am - 05:00pm
Thu: 09:00am - 05:00pm
Fri: 09:00am - 05:00pm