Find Out More (305) 249-7734

Who Gets a Green Card?: Special Immigrants

Various parts of U.S. law have created other categories for residencies. The following individuals can apply for residency as Special Immigrants:

Members of a religious denomination coming to the U.S. to work for a nonprofit religious organization

A child who has been abused, abandoned, or neglected by their parents and have been given Special Immigrant Juvenile status

Afghanistan or Iraq national who served as an Afghan or Iraqi translator for the U.S. government or
was employed by or for the U.S. government in Iraq on or after March 20, 2003, for at least one year

An Afghan employed by the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF)

An International broadcaster coming to work in the U.S. as a member of the media

An employee of an international organization or family member or NATO-6 employee or certain of their family members

A retired officer or employee of certain international organizations, or NATO, and certain of their family members

If you don't qualify under this list don't worry. There are dozens of other ways for an experienced Immigration lawyer to get you a green card.

You can read our entire series, "Who Gets A Green Card?" below:

Who Gets A Green Card? : Through a Job or Job Offer

 Who Gets a Green Card?: Special Immigrants

Who Gets A Green Card? : People Granted Political Asylum and Refugees

 Who Gets a Green Card?: Trafficking and Crime Victims

 Who Gets A Green Card?: Victims of Abuse

 Who Gets A Green Card?: Those Residing Here Since 1972

 Who Gets A Green Card?: Various Other Categories

 Who Gets A Green Card?: Amnesty

Who Gets A Green Card? : Through Family Relationships

What do you need help with?

I want to get legal status!
I need help stopping deportation!
I have another type of legal problem!

Main Office
786-472-5788 (fax)
Mon: 09:00am - 05:00pm
Tue: 09:00am - 05:00pm
Wed: 09:00am - 05:00pm
Thu: 09:00am - 05:00pm
Fri: 09:00am - 05:00pm