Find Out More (305) 249-7734

Getting Your Green Card Through Your Brother or Sister

If you have a brother or sister who is a US Citizen they can file be the petitioner for your green card. This is true even if you share only one parent. The drawback to getting residency through a brother or sister is that it is the slowest way to get a green card. Right now there is a backlog of many years for these cases. You will eventually get your green card but you will be waiting for a very long time.

An experienced Immigration lawyer will likely explore whether there is another, quicker way to get your residency through some other category. Often, a good lawyer will recommend filing multiple applications since there is no limit on the number you can have pending. 

What do you need help with?

I want to get legal status!
I need help stopping deportation!
I have another type of legal problem!

Main Office
786-472-5788 (fax)
Mon: 09:00am - 05:00pm
Tue: 09:00am - 05:00pm
Wed: 09:00am - 05:00pm
Thu: 09:00am - 05:00pm
Fri: 09:00am - 05:00pm