Find Out More (305) 249-7734

Filing for Your Naturalization

If you are:

  1. Over the age of 18 or enlisting in the US Military 


  1. Have been a lawful permanent resident for 5 years or you've been married to a US citizen for three (3) years and you're still married to your husband or wife 


  1. Have not been outside the United States for 30 months or more. (Note: there are few exceptions to this rule) 


  1. You have not taken a trip outside of the United States of one year or longer. (Note: There are also a few exceptions to this rule as well) 


  1. Can read, write, and speak basic English. (Note: Once Again there are a few exceptions to this rule)


  1. Can show knowledge of US history and government. (Note: This rule is also subject to some exceptions)

 Then you can apply for naturalization to US citizenship here in the United States.

There are two additional things you need to keep in mind about when and where to file for naturalization. 

  1. You must be living in the district you're filing in for at least three months before filing. 


  1. You can file your application 90 days before having the 5 years or 3 years required as a permanent resident. 

What do you need help with?

I want to get legal status!
I need help stopping deportation!
I have another type of legal problem!

Main Office
786-472-5788 (fax)
Mon: 09:00am - 05:00pm
Tue: 09:00am - 05:00pm
Wed: 09:00am - 05:00pm
Thu: 09:00am - 05:00pm
Fri: 09:00am - 05:00pm